India is the second largest population in the world. India is a country in South Asia. India has in store mind – blowing facts and achievements under its bell. Many interesting facts and much world record are recorded in Guinness book. India achieves third rank in the record in the Guinness book. Today we have seen some interesting fact about India in detail.1. Varanasi – One of The Oldest Inhabited Places In The World
Varanasi city is situated on the banks of river Ganga and represented in the parliament by the country’s PM Narendra Modi. The holy city of Banaras is at least 3000 year old and according to Hindu mythology lord Shiva found this city 5000 years ago.
2. Lonar Lake In Maharashtra – Formed By A Meteor
This lake was formed by a plummeting meteor about 52,000 a year ago and the Lonar lake is a 4 hour drive from Aurangabad and doubles Maharashtra.
3. India Firsts
A plethora of objects and concepts oriented in India starting from the game of snakes and ladders to chess.
4. World’s Only Floating Post Office
India is also known for the largest number of post offices in the world, but it has its very floating post offices on Dal Lake in Srinagar, purchase on a houseboat, it also includes a philately museum within itself.
5. Wettest Place On Earth – Mawsynram
In this place it is record for highest average annual rainfall, this city in Meghalaya gets about 11,873 millimetres of rain owing to its proximity to the Bay of Bengal.
6. The Only Country With A Bill Of Rights For Cow
For India, he has two mothers, one his birth mother and another is gaumata, cows are believed to be holy in Hinduism religious and the country has a set of rules in place that prevents the sale and slaughter of cows.
7. Poll Booth For Single Voter
India’s most privileged voter, Mahant Bharatdas, resides in a small hamlet called banej in the middle of for forest in Gujarat, the setting up of a special polling booth for just one voter goes a long way in speaking decibels.
8. Shani Shingnapur – Village Without Doors
This village in Maharashtra features established without any doors and locks, and Attracting over 40,000 devotees each day due to 300 years old legend. Their people believe in lord Shani which is guardian of the village.
9. Madhopatti – Officers Village Of India
A small village on the Jaunpur district of Uttar Pradesh, Madhopatti village has created history by producing the most number of IAS officer with 75 households, it has given 47 officers to Indian administration.
10. Tulsi Shyam – The Hills That Defy Gravity
In the Amreli district in Gujarat, phenomenon is indeed a reality at a road stretch near Tulsi Shyam. Imagine if your car when left in free gear, starting rolling up a hill against the gravitational pull, in this place.
11. The Largest Number Of Vegetarians In The World
Here with the majority of the population following Hinduism and around 29% to 40% of the people are vegetarian.
12. The Highest Cricket Ground In The World
India is a cricket loving nation and it’s only natural for it to also feature the highest cricket ground in the world recorded by the Guinness book, it is situated at a level of 2.144 meters above sea level.
13. India Is A Second Largest English Speaking Nation
India has around 10% of its population fluent in English; this statistic is expected to quadruple in the next decade.
14. First Rocket Of India Transported By A Cycle
In 1963, ISRO launched its first ever rocket a church in thumbs, on the outskirts of modern day Trivandrum, the said that rocket was transported on a bicycle.
15. World Largest Milk Producer
India is the largest milk producing country in the world, reading over 1555 million tonnes in 2015.
16. Indian National Kabaddi Team Has Won All World Cups
India is the kabaddi originated country and the India National kabaddi team and it brings all the 5 world cup trophies and also the women’s kabaddi team has also remained kabaddi world cups.
17. Kumbh Mela Gathering Visible From Space
The Kumbh Mela is a spiritual event held owner 12 years in northern India; in 2011 this religious gathering was so huge. It attracted over 70 million people.
18. The Himalayas Have 9 Out Of 10 World’s Highest Peaks
The mighty Himalayas have of a 9 out of 10 World’s highest peaks.
19. 300,000 Mosques In India
In the India 14, 2 % of the country’s population being from the Muslim community, India have the most number of mosques in the world. Some of the famous is Jama masjid, Mecca masjid, taj-ul-masjid.
20. The Second Largest Network Of Roads In The World
There are approximately 1.9 million miles of roads in the country making in the second largest network of roads in the world.
21. World’s Highest Rail Bridge
The arch – shaped chenab bridge in Jammu and Kashmir is the world’s tallest rail bridge and it stands at a height of 1,178 feet over the river chenab.
22. Bandra Worli Sea Link Has Steel Wires Equal To Earth’s Circumference
The entire establishment steel wires weight is equal to that 50,000 Africa elephant.
23. Benny Prasad : Fastest Man To Have Travelled Around The World In 6.5 Years
He is the fastest man to have travelled the world and the first to have designed the world’s first bongo guitar, and guitarist from India holds the world record for having travelled 257 countries in 6 year, 6 month and 22 days.
24. The Number Of People Traveling In The India Railway Every Day Is Equal To The Population Of Australia
Connecting more than 7,172 stations, the India railway is the largest Rail network in Asia over 23 million passengers daily in 12,617 trains.
25. Most Visited Place In The World
The golden temple of Amritsar is the most visited place in the world with over one lakh devotees flocking at the single day.
26. The Temple Of Rats
The karni Mata temple in Rajasthan is home to thousands of rats, pilgrimage consider being their ancestors and worship.
27. Biggest Family In The World
Living in this 100 room mansion in baktawng village of Mizoram, Mr Ziona chana is the head of the world’s biggest family consisting of 181 members.
28. Roopkund – The Skeleton Lake
Locality was known as the mystery lake or the skeleton lake, Uttarakhand's Roopkund is infamous for hundreds of human skeleton found at the bottom of the lake.
29. The Highest Motorable Road In The World
The world’s highest motorable road greets you at Ladakh at an elevation of over 19,300 feet.
30. Words First Hospital Train
The lifeline express the Jeevan express is the world’s first hospital train and taking its services ranging treatment of village.
31. There’s A Day Dedicated To Dr. Apj Abdul Kalam In Switzerland Called Science Day
Dr. Kalam has visited Switzerland on May 26th 2006 and that day was nationally known as science day in Switzerland.
32. Mysterious Anti – Gravity Hills In Ladakh, Magnetic Hill
With the anti-gravitational effect, this is the only magnetic hill in India, landmark by a yellow that your car on neutral gear right on the spot market by white paint. This one will leave you in awe as your car will begin to move uphill on its own.
33. Two Cities In The Unesco World Heritage List
With over 40 Indian attractions is the list of UNESCO World Heritage site list is one of India’s most beautiful cities Ahmedabad and the pink city, Jaipur.
34. Shampoo Is An Indian Concept
Shampoo was invented in India which is one method by use of herbs, the word shampoo is derived from the Sanskrit word champu, and it means massage.
35. Water On The Moon Was Discovered By India
In September 2009, India’s ISRO chandrayan-1 finds out the water on the moon for the first time.
36. India’s First President Only Took 50% Of His Salary
When Dr. Rajendra Prasad was nominated the president of India, he took 50% of his salary; he says he did not require them.
37. India’s Has A Spa Just For Elephant
Elephant received bath massage and taken food at the elephant yard in Kerala.
38. The First Country To Consume Sugar
India was the first country to extraction and purification of sugar; many visitors from us are visit to learn the refining and cultivation of sugar.
39. The Human Calculator
Shakuntala Devi demonstrated the calculation of two 13 digit number. She answered correct in 28 second.
40. Rabindranath Tagore Also Wrote The National Anthem For Bangladesh
Rabindranath Tagore writes Indian national anthem, Jana gana mana as well as Bangladeshi national anthem, Amar sonar Bangla.
41. Dhyan Chand Was Offered German Citizenship
After 1936 Berlin Olympic, Dhyan Chand wizard of hockey was summoned by Hitler and promised German Citizenship but Dhyan Chand declined the offer.
42. Astronomers Rakesh Sharma Said India Looks Saare Jahaan Se Achcha From Space
The prime minister Indira Gandhi asked the Rakesh Sharma who was the first Indian in space, how India look from space then Rakesh Sharma say in famous song “ saare jahaan se achcha “ .
43. Diamond Were First Mined In India
Diamonds were finding out in the alluvial deposits in Guntur and Krishna district, India led the world in diamond production.
44. Freddie Mercury And Ben Kingsley Are Both Of Indian Descent
Freddie Mercury is a singer of the rock band queen was born in Parsi and the famous Oscars winning Hollywood star Ben Kingsley was born Krishna Bhahji.
45. Havells Is Purely An Indian Brand & Named After Its First Owner
The company was bought for just 10 Lakh rupees a long time ago and now built a billion of electrical goods; it is an Indian companies still named after its original name of the owner is Haveli Ram Gupta.
2. Some Interesting Fact About India Is Following
1. The country name derived from the river name India and the Aryan worshippers referred to the Indus as the Sindhu.
2. The country name Hindustan combined the name Sindhu and Hindu and refers to the land of the Hindus.
3. Algebra, Trigonometry is studies and it originated in India.
4. The decimal system and place value system were developed and find in India in 100 B. C.
5. The world's first granite temple is found in Brihadeshwara temple at Tamil nadu and the temple is made from a single 80 tonne piece of granite.
6. India is the largest democracy and 7th largest country and most ancient civilizations in the world.
7. The Takshila was the world's first University and it was established in 799 B. C. and 10,500 students study from the world and studies more than 60 subjects.
8. Ayurveda is the school of medicine, the father of medicine Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
9. India was the richest countries in the time of British rule but in Christopher Columbus, attracted by India’s wealth.
10. Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to the orbit of sun before hundreds of years.
11. Indian mathematician Budhayana found the value of pi and he explained the concept of Pythagoras theorem.
12. Over 2600 years ago the Sushruta and his team conducted complicated surgeries like fracture, urinary stones, plastic surgery, and brain surgery.
13. India exports software to 90 countries.
14. Four different religions born in India like Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism.
15. The oldest European Church in India in the city of Cochin was built in 1503.
16. The Vishnu temple in the city of Tirupati was built in the 10th century; it is the world's largest religious pilgrimage destination.
17. Sikhism originated from the holy city of Amritsar in Punjab, famous as the golden temple and founded in 1577.
18. Martial arts were first created in India and then spread all of Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
19. Yoga was first originated in India and has existed over 5000 years.
20. A world record was noticed when 485 children wear Mahatma Gandhi dress and gathered in Kolkata.
21. The world’s shortest living woman name is Jyoti Kisange was born on 17 December 1993 and its height is 62.8 centimetres.
22. Vijay Kumar V. A. From India have the 37 teeth in his mouth.
23. Montessori school in Lucknow is the world’s largest school.
24. 4700 daily newspaper produced in 300 languages in India.
25. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is known as the father of the nation.
26. Bharat Ratna awards are the highest award in the country.
27. Aryabhatta found the zero in the number system.
28. The national flag of India has tricolour, first is deep saffron, second is white and third is dark green and the flag has the Ashoka Chakra with 24 spoke wheel.
29. The highest bridge in the world - the Bailey Bridge was built in August of 1982 by Indian Army.
30. The largest dam is the Hirakud dam in Orissa.
31. White tigers are only found in the Indian tiger.
32. Lotus is the national flower of the country.
33. Taj Mahal is the world famous heritage sites and it is situated in Agra in Uttar Pradesh. It is list in the 7 wonder.
34. After the UK and the United States, India is the third position of record claimed in Guinness book.
35. India has never attacked any country.
36. Tea is a national drink in India.
37. 1.2 million tons of mangos grow every year in India.
38. Vinod Dham was invented the microprocessor Pentium chip.
39. Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi is the world's second largest airport.
40. The number of birth population in India is increased and it is more than the total population of Australia and any other countries.
41. India has an ice hockey team and they are number in International ice hockey.
42. In India 70% spice are produced in the world.
43. In ancient times India was an island.
44. Shaniwar wada in Pune, believe that it was a love placed of Bajirao and Kashibai, now it is believed that to be haunted place.
45. The water falling at the chashme Shahi garden in Srinagar, number of tourists drinking this water, it is believed that it cute and prevents number of disease.
46. Gulmarg gondola in Jammu and Kashmir is Asia’s highest and largest cable car project.
47. India has the highest number of Bengal tigers and in the Bandipur national parks of Karnataka is the highest number of Bengal India.
48. India is the largest producer to export carpet on the world.
49. Majuli Island in Assam held in record to largest island in the world and recorded in Guinness book and this island is in Brahmaputra River.
50. Mawlynnong in Meghalaya is one of the cleanest villages of the world.
51. Kanchenjunga mountain range lies between Nepal and Sikkim is the third highest mountain in the world.
52. India has a world's largest movie industry and in the city of Mumbai.
53. In 1200 year old, Kailash temple in Aurangabad was created by a single rock.
54. The Ganges is the Holli River follow the northern India and produces the world’s largest alluvial plains and the largest delta.
55. The Vivek express train covered the longest route from the Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari and it is the 9th longest train route in the world.
56. The first electricity gets in India in Darjeeling in West Bengal in 1897.
57. In Uttarakhand, the Gorakhpur railway station is the longest railway station in the world, it is 1,366.30 meter.
58. The Sagareshwar wildlife sanctuary is only one man made sanctuary and it is on the Maharashtra.
Thank you for reading this article! Please share it and read more on Line Of Control In Jammu And Kashmir Betweeen India And Pakistan in the next posts.