Today we are going to talk about how to convert a PDF file to doc using Google Drive. The PDF format was introduced by Acrobat back in the 90's as a way to share and transfer documents that included text, images and more. Acrobat's proprietary format in the early days of PDF but in 2008 it was created as an open standard allowing other software and services to view and create PDF files. There are many ways for the user to edit a PDF file such as copying text from a PDF file to a word file and saving it in PDF format or using any random PDF online PDF converted website.
But if the user wants to convert and edit any PDF file to Word or text file then there is no need to buy expensive Adobe Acrobat software. Google Drive has a built-in feature that automatically converts all document file formats into word and text files. So let's gather some more information about how to convert a PDF file to doc using Google Drive.
To convert a PDF file to a doc file using Google Drive, the user must first have an active Google Account and a working Internet connection.
Steps for convert PDF file to doc using Google Drive
1. The user should first visit 'Drive.google.com'.
2. All that remains is to login using the user's Google ID and password.
3. After that user once logged in he has to click on the 'gear' icon from the top-right corner.
4. That user now has to choose the 'Settings' option.
5. Look for the 'Convert Upload' option in the After That general section
6. Then the user has to select the option "Convert uploaded files to Google Docs Editor format".
7. After that the user now has to upload the PDF file and wait for the upload to finish.
8. And once uploaded, the user has to look for the file and open it.
9. And then from the open file the user has to click on the 'Open with Google Docs' option.
Note : The PDF file may not look like that when the user converts it to Google Docs Editor format.