Ooty is a best place when we are planning our holidays because of several reasons like Ooty contains various types of places for visited like lakes, Gardens, National Parks as well as many viewpoints are also there like Needle Rock View Point and also Ketti Valley Viewpoint are there so because of that interesting places tour of Ooty is really memorable.- : Nilgiri Mountain Railway is a railway in the Tamil Nadu state of India as well as that NMR(Nilgiri Mountain Railway) is 1,000 mm means approximately 3 ft and 3 3⁄8 in meter gauge railway as well as in 1908 that railway is built by the British.
- : Nilgiri Mountain Railway is operated by the Salem railway division as well as Nilgiri Mountain Railway is only rack railway in India. UNESCO adds the Nilgiri Mountain Railway as an extension to the World Heritage Site or that of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway in the July, 2005.
- : Nilgiri Mountain Railway belongs to the Government of India as well as that railway is managed by the Ministry of Railways and also that railway includes some stations like Kallar, Hillgrove, Coonoor, Aruvankadu, Ketti, Wellington, Lovedale and so on.
2. Avalanche Lake
- : Avalanche Lake is one of the best places to visit in the Ooty as well as that lake is located 28 kilometers from Ooty and also in the Nilgiris district of the Tamil Nadu state. Name of the Avalanche Lake is derived from the huge landslide which is avalanche as well as that occurred in the early 1800s.
- : Avalanchi Lake is one of the best tourism destination at Nilgiris district as well as the Avalanchi Lake is surrounded by rolling landscape with blooming flowers or flowers like orchids, rhododendrons and magnolias or also that lake provides fishing.
- : Coordinates of the Avalanche Lake is 11.322°N 76.611°E as well as on 9 August, 2019 that Avalanche Lake received 92.1cm rain in 24 hours and also on 8th August, 2019 it received 82 cm in 24 hr.
- : Coonoor is a municipality of the Nilgiris district in the Tamil Nadu, India as well as Government Type of the Coonoor is a Selection Grade Municipality as well as Body of the Coonoor is Coonoor Municipality or Elevation of the Coonoor is 1,850 m means approximately 6,070 ft.
- : Population of the Coonoor is 45, 494 according to 2011 as well as coordinates of the Coonoor is 11.35°N 76.82°E and also Coonoor has features of a sub-tropical highland climate which is due to the high altitude. Coonoor is a headquarters of the Taluk as well as Coonoor is responsible for the six Panchayat villages like Bearhatty, Yedapalli, Burliar, Hubbathalai, Bandishola and Melur.
4. Doddabetta Peak
- : Doddabetta Peak is also one of the best places to visit in the Ooty as well as that Doddabetta Peak is Highest Mountain in the Nilgiri Mountains. Doddabetta Peak Mountain is at 2,500 meters means approximately 8, 650 feet as well as those mountains receives forest area which is around the peak.
- : Doddabetta Peak is 9 km from Ooty as well as the Doddabetta Peak is very popular palace as well as popular tourist attractions and also that palace have a road access to the summit or that Peak is one of the best places to visit when we are visiting Ooty.
- : Elevation of the Doddabetta Peak is 2,637 meters means approximately 8,652 ft as well as Prominence of that Peak is 2,256 meters (approximately 7,402 ft) and also that Doddabetta Peak is the fourth highest peak in the South India.
5. Emerald Lake
- : Emerald Lake is one of the best places to visit in the Ooty as well as that Lake is located at the Emerald village in the Nilgiris district in the Tamil nadu, India and also that Lake is 25 kilometers from Ooty and because of that it is known as silent valley.
- : Emerald Lake is one of the best places of tourist attraction and most of the people are visiting that place for picnics and main thing is that Emerald Lake is famous for the variety of the fish in the lake and also known for birds in locale.
- : Coordinates of the Emerald Lake is 11.328°N 76.619°E as well as that at that Lake experience of the sunset and sunrise is the best ever and that the Lake is surrounded by the tea plantations and also visitors also by their tea products.
6. Government Rose Garden
- : Government Rose Garden is also one of the best palaces of the Ooty so when we are visiting Ooty then that time that Government Rose Garden is best palace as well as Government Rose Garden is also known as a Centenary Rose Park, Nootrandu Roja Poonga and also known as Jayalalithaa Rose Garden.
- : Government Rose Garden is located at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India as well as that garden is a Botanical garden and also Government Rose Garden is Opened on the 20th May, 1995 or area of that garden is 4 hectares and main thing is that The Government Rose Garden was established at the Vijayanagaram in Ooty.
7. Kamaraj Sagar Dam
- : Kamaraj Sagar Dam is one of the best places to visit in Ooty as well as that Dam is located at the Nilgiris district, Tamil Nadu, India and also Kamaraj Sagar Dam is also known as a Sandy nalla reservoir. Sandynalla reservoir means Kamaraj Sagar Dam is only 10 kilometers from the ooty bus stand.
- : Kamaraj Sagar Dam is a picnic spot as well as film shooting spot and also Kamaraj Sagar Dam includes various activities like studying nature and environment as well as fishing.
8. Ketti Valley Viewpoint
- : Ketti Valley Viewpoint is one of the best palaces when we visit a Ooty as well as Ketti Valley Viewpoint is located at the Nilgiris district of the Tamil Nadu, India. Ketti Valley is also known as a Ketti and that Ketti is a small valley.
- : We can access Ketti valley by the roads as well as also by the NMR (Nilgiri Mountain Railway) and also that Keeti valley Viewpoint is one of the attraction palaces for the tourists.
9. Mudumalai National Park
- : Mudumalai National Park is one of the best places to visit in the Ooty as well as Mudumalai National Park is located at the Nilgiri district of the Tamil Nadu state of India country and also the Mudumalai National Park was established in 1940.
- : Mudumalai National Park contains total 321 km2 means approximately 124 sq mi area and also that park is a park and also Wildlife Sanctuary as well as also declared a tiger reserve and also that Mudumalai National Park contains various animals like 50 species of fishes as well as 34 species of reptiles, 21 species of amphibians and also 27 species of birds or 55 species of mammals.
- : The sanctuary means Mudumalai National Park is divided into five ranges like Masinagudi, Kargudi, Thepakadu, Mudumalai and Nellakota as well as that park shares its boundaries with states of Karnataka and Kerala.
10. Mukurthi National Park
- : Mukurthi National Park is one of the best places to visit in the Ooty as well as Mukurthi National Park is located at the Nilgiri district of the Tamil Nadu state of India country and also the Mukurthi National Park was established on the 12th December, 2001.
- : Mukurthi National Park contains total 78.46 km2 means approximately 30.29 sq mi area and also that park is a park and the park was created to protect its keystone species means the Nilgiri tahr.
- : Nearest city of the Mukurthi National Park is Ootacamund as well as The Mukurthi National Park is part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, which is India's first International Biosphere Reserve. Area of the Mukurthi National Park is the home of the numerous endemic plants and also the home of the particular scapigerous annual Impatiens plants.
11. Needle Rock View Point
- : Needle Rock View Point is one of the best palaces when we are visiting Ooty or Tamil Nadu as well as the Needle Rock View Point is one of the tourist points which is located at the Gudalur of The Nilgiris district in Tamil Nadu, India.
- : Needle Rock View Point is gives a best view experience ever means that point gives us a 360 degree view as well as that Needle Rock View Point is also known as a Oosi malai and that name is based on its conical shape or Oosi means needle and malai means mountain in Tamil language.
- : Needle Rock View Point is 8 km from the Gudalur when we are going through way of Gudalur-Ooty National Highway 67 as well as because of the view of the sun set and sun rise that Needle Rock View Point is one of the best tourist attractions.
12. Ooty Botanical Gardens
- : Ooty Botanical Gardens is a Botanical Garden which is contains area near about 55 acres and also that Ooty Botanical Garden was open on 1847. Ooty Botanical garden is located at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India and also that garden is owned by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- : The Government Botanical Garden is opened by the Horticulture Department and also by the Government of Tamil Nadu as well as that garden contains various collections like Paper bark tree as well as Cork tree and also Monkey puzzle tree so that garden is one of the best attractions for the tourists.
- : Ooty Botanical Gardens is divided into six sections like Italian Garden, Lower Garden, New Garden, Conservatory, Nurseries and Fountain Terrace as well as that garden also contains shrubs, herbal, ferns, trees and bonsai plants.
13. Ooty Lake
- : Ooty Lake is provides one of the best experiences of the boat house and also because the Ooty Lake is also known as a Ooty boat house. Ooty Lake is located at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India and that lake is 1 kilometer from the Ooty bus stand as well as Ooty Lake is covers 65 acres area.
- : In 1824 the Ooty Lake was constructed by the John Sullivan as well as maximum length of that Ooty Lake is 2.5 kilometers means approximately 1.6 mi and also maximum width is 140 m (approximately 460 ft).
- : Ooty lake is an Artificial lake as well as all the boat house are situated by the lake and that boat houses are provides various facilities to the tourists and because of that reason that Ooty Lake is a best and perfect attraction for tourists in Ooty.
- : Pykara is one of the best places to visit in the Ooty as well as Pykara is a village and also river which is 19km from the Ooty as well as that Pykara river is considered sacred by the Todas and also that village or river is located at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India.
- : Pykara provides one of the best features is boat house which is a main attraction of the tourists as well as that boat houses are contains also restaurant so because of that many tourists and visitors are visiting that palace.
- : Pykara river is follows series of waterfalls and also last two of 180 ft and 200ft known as Pykara falls or that falls are approximately 6 km from the bridge on the main road or that Pykara falls is an attraction of the tourists.
15. St Stephen’s Church
- : St Stephen’s Church is consecrated on 5th December, 1830 as well as that church was found on the 25 January, 1830 and founded by the Turner. Architect of the St Stephen’s Church is John James Underwood as well as that Church is located at Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India.
- : St Stephen's Church is one of the best places to visit in ooty and that place is an attraction for the tourists because of the architecture of the Church as well as incharge of the architect was John James Underwood as well as Captain and also Madras Regiment.
Thank you for reading this article! Please share it and read more on Best Places To Visit In Mcleodganj in the next posts.